7th
JAN

WordPress Careers plugin

Posted by M. 4Gani under Tools, WordPressi:

wpCareers (JobPortal Project) is a WordPress plugin

The plugin allows you to build an online jobs/resume website, where the applicants will be able to search, update, add/remove, and add or edit their resumes/profiles.

In addition, user can also add/delete/change descriptions, upload images/photos.

* In Admin Area the administrator will be able to:
* View and manage records in terms of add/modify/remove of entries
* Approve or deny the posts.
* Inactive Applicants Convert to Active
* Delete Users profile, Delete Employer profiles

It is a complete ready to use as Job Board System

IMPORTANT NOTE:

We strongly recommend  you using themes that the front page will be displayed in one column otherwise you use our theme wpcareers.

jPortal WordPress Theme

jPortal Theme

Some themes, which are already modified to use for wpcareer plugin, placed below for downloading:

Sandy-Kornikova

Accordion Lite Red City

NOTE:
Some themes, which are arleady modifie by me to use in wpcareer plugin, are available HERE!

This plugin is under active development. If you experience problems, please first make sure you have installed the latest version. Feature requests, bug reports and comments can be submitted [here]

1) Click here to download the wpCareers last release

Installing the plugin

Please test the plugin with your theme on a develop machine or a local machine, if the test is successful then install it on the production machine.

1. Extract files
2. Upload ‘wpcareers/’ folder to your ‘./wp-content/plugins/’ directory
3. Login to the administration and go to “admin panel/plugins” and activate the plugin
4. Go to the “Manage” tab of your WP.

You have now there a new tab called “wpcareers” to configure the plugin.
You will need to make the following folders writeable (chmod 777) :

– wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/templates_c
– wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/cache

NEW in THE VERSION 1.1
Add a public directory and upload the resume and images resources (the public folder must have write permission)

– wp-content/public/wpcareers/resume
– wp-content/public/wpcareers/public

Screenshots

screenshot-1.png
screenshot-2.png

Demo link:

wpCareers

Questions and Examples of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Todo:

Changelog:

Jan 18, 2010 – Released v1.1
– fixed for plugin auto-upgrade

72 Responses to “WordPress Careers plugin”

Pages: « 8 7 6 5 4 [3] 2 1 » Show All

1. cina, 4. December 2010, 18:17

Hi, it’s tiny confusing for me. Sorry I have not noticed it.
    Thanks for your feedback.

2. Dr S. K. Verma, 3. December 2010, 23:35

Hello! I have been working since last 2-3 hrs on the issue that I posted above. I have the following abservations, these can help someone to resolve the prolem:

1.  The version of plugin that was installed on old site was version 1.1-a. It was working fine in terms of above problem.

2. Current version of plugin is 1.1.1-c. Problem is in this version. I can say this since after I upgraded the plugin on the old installed, on this site also it is behaving in the same way i.e. problem of cache.

3. The problem of ‘cache’ Vs Job listing page is only in firefox and not in internet explorer.

4. This problem can be seen only if the user in logged in. ONce you log out, everything appears as normal on the job listing page.

5. My conclusion is:

“That in the version 1.1.1-c of wpcareers plugin, once the user is logged in on the site, he can not see job listing page properly in firefox, however page looks normal in internet explorer. In order to see the job listing page, the user has to  clear the cache in firefox. This also aloow the page to be seen only once, if the page is refreshed, the listings disappear again. It sems that there is some incompatability in version 1.1.1-c and firefox in terms of cache management.

Dr S. K. Verma

3. DR S. K. Verma, 3. December 2010, 22:29

Hello!

This is a great plugin. I installed it about 6 months ago on my site http://career.indianscholars.net/ it is working fine.
    But today I installed on a new site I am facing a funny problem! When I click on the Job Portal Page, I see  everything normal as it should be. But if I click it again or refresh it, all the categories disapper! They onec again re-appear if i clear the browser catch in my firefox. and disappear again if I click on more time. Not able to understand what is this!

This problem is not there in the old install.

see here: The normal site

see here the abnormal site:

Please help!

Dr S. K. Verma

4. Bernie, 3. December 2010, 19:59

Trying to activate this and getting this fatal error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘&’, expecting T_VARIABLE or ‘$’ in /home/content/b/h/a/bhavaniv/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/admin/jp_admin_utilities.php on line 101

Any Help???

5. These blog provide good information that help me to improve my performance. Career Pakistan assists individuals with foreign education or overseas work experience find appropriate jobs in Pakistan

6. JOE, 7. September 2010, 5:42

Can you import jobs from an Excel file? How? Can you Export jobs and resumes? Thanks Joe.

7. murthy, 21. August 2010, 3:37

I am unable to login to my regular wp-admin when I installed the wpcareers plug-in Please help me in this. I want to place this as a additional link to my regular blog. thanks in advance…….

select the wpcareers_utilities from the menu in admin interface
    Uninstall and remove it completely.
    The plugin is for a standalone instance of WordPress.

8. Jamie Gamauf, 12. August 2010, 13:28

This is the start of an excellent plugin but it does have some serious problems / bugs.  The major one is that the wp_wpj_resume database is not created at install.

Line: 492 in jp_admin_setup.php update and replace r_status int(3) NOT NULL default 0,

There is some error.  I had to create the database from scratch.  Took me a while to figure that one out.

You can see what I have done with your theme and plugin at: http://www.dcspotlight.com/jobhunters/welcome/

Wow i like it ;)

This is part of an online newspaper which you can see here:  http://www.dcspotlight.com/

This plugin is exactly what my client was looking for, but the bugs caused me many headaches.

I see some serious money making potential with this if you added a PayPal function and cleaned up the english.  I would like to discuss this more with you.  Please contact me if you are interested in taking this to the next level.

Jamie

9. KHK, 10. July 2010, 14:03

Hi,
    I have installed this plugin but it is not working properly. I would like to make sure it is operational.

10. Lennie, 24. June 2010, 5:17

OK, the resume table did not created with the rest of them, but wp_wpj_created_resumes did.  Is that just a typo in the installation?

Pages: « 8 7 6 5 4 [3] 2 1 » Show All