7th
JAN

WordPress Careers plugin

Posted by M. 4Gani under Tools, WordPressi:

wpCareers (JobPortal Project) is a WordPress plugin

The plugin allows you to build an online jobs/resume website, where the applicants will be able to search, update, add/remove, and add or edit their resumes/profiles.

In addition, user can also add/delete/change descriptions, upload images/photos.

* In Admin Area the administrator will be able to:
* View and manage records in terms of add/modify/remove of entries
* Approve or deny the posts.
* Inactive Applicants Convert to Active
* Delete Users profile, Delete Employer profiles

It is a complete ready to use as Job Board System

IMPORTANT NOTE:

We strongly recommend  you using themes that the front page will be displayed in one column otherwise you use our theme wpcareers.

jPortal WordPress Theme

jPortal Theme

Some themes, which are already modified to use for wpcareer plugin, placed below for downloading:

Sandy-Kornikova

Accordion Lite Red City

NOTE:
Some themes, which are arleady modifie by me to use in wpcareer plugin, are available HERE!

This plugin is under active development. If you experience problems, please first make sure you have installed the latest version. Feature requests, bug reports and comments can be submitted [here]

1) Click here to download the wpCareers last release

Installing the plugin

Please test the plugin with your theme on a develop machine or a local machine, if the test is successful then install it on the production machine.

1. Extract files
2. Upload ‘wpcareers/’ folder to your ‘./wp-content/plugins/’ directory
3. Login to the administration and go to “admin panel/plugins” and activate the plugin
4. Go to the “Manage” tab of your WP.

You have now there a new tab called “wpcareers” to configure the plugin.
You will need to make the following folders writeable (chmod 777) :

– wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/templates_c
– wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/cache

NEW in THE VERSION 1.1
Add a public directory and upload the resume and images resources (the public folder must have write permission)

– wp-content/public/wpcareers/resume
– wp-content/public/wpcareers/public

Screenshots

screenshot-1.png
screenshot-2.png

Demo link:

wpCareers

Questions and Examples of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Todo:

Changelog:

Jan 18, 2010 – Released v1.1
– fixed for plugin auto-upgrade

72 Responses to “WordPress Careers plugin”

Pages: « 8 7 6 5 [4] 3 2 1 » Show All

1. bikram, 2. November 2011, 11:39

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jp_array_sort_by_fields() (previously declared in /home/ejajpur/public_html/jobs/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php:175) in /home/ejajpur/public_html/jobs/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php on line175

2. Keimah, 29. September 2011, 8:59

Hello, I get this error!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jp_array_sort_by_fields() (previously declared in /home2/hnaruak/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php:175) in /home2/hnaruak/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php on line 175

3. Sathasivam, 11. July 2011, 10:27

Hi, Its really great plugin.

How to customized  login redirect, its affect my default home page

thanks and REgards

Sathsivam
    Jaihind

4. elitemodelsmexico, 28. June 2011, 9:43

hello again
    because I installed twice and the plugins installed as version 1.1.2-a
    is installed in the tools section and the bottom of the sidebar

thanks

5. elitemodelsmexico, 28. June 2011, 6:05

hi
    you can change the form fields with more options

thanks

6. miguel angel, 13. June 2011, 1:19

hi, I’m test plugin, it’s possible change language to spanis ..? can you tell me about this .mo files ..

thnks

7. VBK, 3. June 2011, 18:38

I got the same error even after editing the code. But on different line

can you please help me further?

Thanks !

8. VBK, 16. May 2011, 18:02

Hello Cina,

I am trying to make use of this plugin formonths and could not able to solve a problem with the error :
    ——————
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare array_sort_by_fields() (previously declared in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php:175) in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php on line 175
    ——————
    I have tried the plugin on WordPress version 3.0  and now on 3.1.2 version. I don’t understand how to replicate it. Could any body help me ?

@Dr. K.S. Sharma and others
    This is a great plugin and there were many good reviews when it first released. But slowly it got negative comments as there is no responses for the support requests both on WordPress official forum and elsewhere. It is appreciated if the users who are aware of the errors could help us .
    Thanks !

Answer:
    *****************
    Es exists a conflict with other plugins or WordPress functions:

Please: editing the file jp_main.php in line 175 and 186 and renaming the function “array_sort_by_fields(…)”
    to “jp_array_sort_by_fields”

*****************
    The modifies has been committed to svn now.

9. Gregory, 2. April 2011, 10:05

Hello,

I start my jobs site and of course i install your plugin. But i have 2 messages after the installation :

–  the first one is a warning at the top of the page : Warning: Missing argument 3 for wp_register_sidebar_widget(), called in /homez.424/profilsf/www/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/admin/jp_admin_setup.php on line 713 and defined in /homez.424/profilsf/www/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 603

– the second one is an error :
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare array_sort_by_fields() (previously declared in /homez.424/profilsf/www/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php:175) in /homez.424/profilsf/www/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php on line 175

Can you help me to solve this problems?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
    Grégory

10. Garry, 11. March 2011, 21:11

Hi, love the plugin. I have two questions

The add new  link form is too large for my theme, how can I change the size. I tried hunting around the PHP and CSS but couldn’t seem to find the right setting.

For a future version I wondered if it would be possible for the page to become a sub page. On my site it doesn’t really fit in as top level page.

Thanks again.