7th
JAN

WordPress Careers plugin

Posted by M. 4Gani under Tools, WordPressi:

wpCareers (JobPortal Project) is a WordPress plugin

The plugin allows you to build an online jobs/resume website, where the applicants will be able to search, update, add/remove, and add or edit their resumes/profiles.

In addition, user can also add/delete/change descriptions, upload images/photos.

* In Admin Area the administrator will be able to:
* View and manage records in terms of add/modify/remove of entries
* Approve or deny the posts.
* Inactive Applicants Convert to Active
* Delete Users profile, Delete Employer profiles

It is a complete ready to use as Job Board System

IMPORTANT NOTE:

We strongly recommend  you using themes that the front page will be displayed in one column otherwise you use our theme wpcareers.

jPortal WordPress Theme

jPortal Theme

Some themes, which are already modified to use for wpcareer plugin, placed below for downloading:

Sandy-Kornikova

Accordion Lite Red City

NOTE:
Some themes, which are arleady modifie by me to use in wpcareer plugin, are available HERE!

This plugin is under active development. If you experience problems, please first make sure you have installed the latest version. Feature requests, bug reports and comments can be submitted [here]

1) Click here to download the wpCareers last release

Installing the plugin

Please test the plugin with your theme on a develop machine or a local machine, if the test is successful then install it on the production machine.

1. Extract files
2. Upload ‘wpcareers/’ folder to your ‘./wp-content/plugins/’ directory
3. Login to the administration and go to “admin panel/plugins” and activate the plugin
4. Go to the “Manage” tab of your WP.

You have now there a new tab called “wpcareers” to configure the plugin.
You will need to make the following folders writeable (chmod 777) :

– wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/templates_c
– wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/cache

NEW in THE VERSION 1.1
Add a public directory and upload the resume and images resources (the public folder must have write permission)

– wp-content/public/wpcareers/resume
– wp-content/public/wpcareers/public

Screenshots

screenshot-1.png
screenshot-2.png

Demo link:

wpCareers

Questions and Examples of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Todo:

Changelog:

Jan 18, 2010 – Released v1.1
– fixed for plugin auto-upgrade

72 Responses to “WordPress Careers plugin”

Pages: « 8 7 6 [5] 4 3 2 1 » Show All

1. Ron Glenn, 13. March 2012, 20:57

I have an issue with the Jobs showing up twice. https://hireticket.com/jobs/ Any clue why? Im using WordPress 3.3.1

2. Wendi Habbinga, 6. March 2012, 21:55

I was wondering if you could give me any tips to adding an Address field to the employers Job Post? I also need to make it mandatory for them to fill in the Phone Number and Address. Also, is there anyway to be about to connect the job postings to facebook? I have my other post connected to facebook and would like to connect the employers job listings as well.

I am very new to Word Press and not so familiar with the coding aspect. But if you give me a code and where I need to plug in it, I can probualy figure it out.

By the way Thank You for the get tool. I use it with my employers and my students to get them connected.

I look forward to hearing from you,
    Wendi Habbinga

***********************
    That’s a good idea. I will check it. Thank you very much for your feedback ;)
    M. Forgani
    ***********************

3. Jay, 5. March 2012, 21:15

I have tried installing, reinstalling the plugin, but it does not create the database tables. Any thoughts?

4. potyka, 20. January 2012, 10:48

Hi! I installed the plugin Careers wp3.3.1 alá.Sorry a great error to him. The style is wrong. What is wrong?http://munka.hazep.hu/?page_id=77
    Thanks in advance for your reply!

5. Hayk Nahapetyan, 13. January 2012, 1:00

hey Check , what I did , works cool, the only problem is that with Chrome, sometime its not loading , I get empty screen, do you know if anybody  esle getting this, on FF and IE works perfect .
    http://www.pubcreativo.com/  this is  my site .. I have both . the links and Carrers

6. Hayk Nahapetyan, 11. January 2012, 0:27

OK , I find the solution, those who get problem on RESUME POST , wich not working , the solution is to reinstall in MYSQL the table for the resumesn, when you try to install from WP admin, for some reason its jump, I think there some sintax error

7. Hayk Nahapetyan, 10. January 2012, 23:34

Hi; I check this again and again, the POST RESUME not works, in ADMIN, I see no count of the links, and when I post, its show that it posting , but no data enter in DB .. so.. there no count for Resumes, can you please check , if I send you my Link, thank you

8. Hayk Nahapetyan, 10. January 2012, 22:02

Hi, I just install and the RESUMEN PSOT not works, when I add the Categoires in the side of the ADMIN, I see , no number in the ITEM COUNT, like in Jobs I see  zero, but in resumen just () do you knwo were do I have to check ?

9. Terrence Ward, 4. January 2012, 3:46

I posted a simple fix to the “Cannot redeclare array_sort_by_fields()” problem as show in post 1 here:

warmest regards,
    Terrence Ward, BSc (Hons.)
    mycalgarygeek.com

10. EZ, 14. December 2011, 23:29

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare array_sort_by_fields() (previously declared in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php:175) in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/jp_main.php on line 175

I changed the following:
    Please: editing the file jp_main.php in line 175 renaming the function “jp_array_sort_by_fields”
    to “jp1_array_sort_by_fields” & line 186 renaming the function “jp_array_sort_by_fields”
    to “jp2_array_sort_by_fields”