7th
JAN

WordPress Careers plugin

Posted by M. 4Gani under Tools, WordPressi:

wpCareers (JobPortal Project) is a WordPress plugin

The plugin allows you to build an online jobs/resume website, where the applicants will be able to search, update, add/remove, and add or edit their resumes/profiles.

In addition, user can also add/delete/change descriptions, upload images/photos.

* In Admin Area the administrator will be able to:
* View and manage records in terms of add/modify/remove of entries
* Approve or deny the posts.
* Inactive Applicants Convert to Active
* Delete Users profile, Delete Employer profiles

It is a complete ready to use as Job Board System

IMPORTANT NOTE:

We strongly recommend  you using themes that the front page will be displayed in one column otherwise you use our theme wpcareers.

jPortal WordPress Theme

jPortal Theme

Some themes, which are already modified to use for wpcareer plugin, placed below for downloading:

Sandy-Kornikova

Accordion Lite Red City

NOTE:
Some themes, which are arleady modifie by me to use in wpcareer plugin, are available HERE!

This plugin is under active development. If you experience problems, please first make sure you have installed the latest version. Feature requests, bug reports and comments can be submitted [here]

1) Click here to download the wpCareers last release

Installing the plugin

Please test the plugin with your theme on a develop machine or a local machine, if the test is successful then install it on the production machine.

1. Extract files
2. Upload ‘wpcareers/’ folder to your ‘./wp-content/plugins/’ directory
3. Login to the administration and go to “admin panel/plugins” and activate the plugin
4. Go to the “Manage” tab of your WP.

You have now there a new tab called “wpcareers” to configure the plugin.
You will need to make the following folders writeable (chmod 777) :

– wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/templates_c
– wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/cache

NEW in THE VERSION 1.1
Add a public directory and upload the resume and images resources (the public folder must have write permission)

– wp-content/public/wpcareers/resume
– wp-content/public/wpcareers/public

Screenshots

screenshot-1.png
screenshot-2.png

Demo link:

wpCareers

Questions and Examples of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Todo:

Changelog:

Jan 18, 2010 – Released v1.1
– fixed for plugin auto-upgrade

72 Responses to “WordPress Careers plugin”

Pages: « 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 [1] Show All

1. Teos, 12. May 2010, 16:17

Hi!

I installed your plugin and tested intensively. It’s very good and has a lot of potential, but on production on a real website I run into some problems. Please do not stop develop and improve it – this plugin could be a huge success!

Can you help me with the follow tasks?

1) How can I display on the plugin page templates the actual category? I mean if I select a job I want to also see the category in which the job appeared. Also if there is no job, it will be nice to display a categories list or something – no just “no jobs” error message. I’m thinking of some breadcrumb feature to be able to move quickly thru categories.

2) When I click on a main category it will not display any job even if I have in a subcategory jobs. How can I correct this?

3) When I post a new job all the categories and subcategories are display in the same way – I mean there is no difference between a category and a subcategory. How can I make the difference? (The user first selects a main category then a subcategory maybe or different appearance using CSS in the select form?)

I really hope you respond to this message and offer proper support. If you find it more appropriate I will gladly pay you for these features if you decide to contact me.

2. Danny, 9. March 2010, 17:48

Hello,
    Best plugin in a while! Is there an option to make posting jobs no free. Or could I add a paypal button on an charge for job postings?
    Forgot to say that I’ve actually your theme as well as odlinks, and everything works great.

Danny

3. Daniel, 8. March 2010, 8:55

Hello, Thanks for the great plugin! I’ve been waiting a long time for such a plugin. There is only one thing that is bugging me about it, it’s the fact that I can’t wrap my images around the text unless I’m doing something wrong?
    Also how can I override the “j_remove_weblink” option so as to be able to add a link within the job description on my Beachfront Jobs site?

Thanking you in advance,

Daniel D. Roy

4. gerard, 19. February 2010, 10:46

Hello
    I have installed this very interesting plugin. On the register form page, the image of the captcha doesn’t appear. I checked my installation, I installed the plugin several times on several free websites hoster, and also as a local installation. Then I looked there http://www.wpcareers.com/wp-register.php, and on this register form page, there is also no captcha appearing, instead of the captcha image “ConfirmCode” image. I tried to proceed without digitating any confirmation code, as no confirmation code appeared, and it didn’t work.

Support your php the FreeType? check with echo phpinfo();
    did you create the both public directories with the correct write permission for all.
    wp-content/public/wpcareers/resume
    wp-content/public/wpcareers/public

I also used the settings form of the plugin, selecting and un-selecting the “Show the confirmation code”.

TODO
    Good point, test & fix the source for un-selecting confirmation code?

How is it possible to fix this problem? by adding a WP “register” plugin, and if yes, which one (there are several such plugins), or is there only a “bug”, or something Ihave done wrongly.

Thanks for the help. Danke für Ihre Hilfe.
    Gerard

5. freeads, 19. February 2010, 4:55

Nic Plug in. Just found it. Will be using in my site. Not yet used.
    I have 2 questions.
    1) Is there a option where by only paid / registered users can only view the resume data bank.
    2) Is the format of posting the resume flexible. I mean can we add delete the information to be submitted on the resumes.
    Thanks and wish you a good luck.

6. thersa, 13. February 2010, 5:47

Is there a way I can have jobs wanted for jobseekers where employers can seek them especially if for freelance work.

7. Anna, 17. January 2010, 5:04

Thanks,

Where can I download the update?

–>
    got some problem by create one of the tables so is fixed now.
    here:

8. Anna, 15. January 2010, 23:31

This plugin has great potential but has too many bugs to be in the wordpress plugin repository. The plugin’s update is not installing and it is also causing the wordpress administrator’s login to redirect and not allow access to the wordpress dashboard.

bugfix release 1.0.1
    Note: This bugfix release hove to install Manually.
    – fixed for the plugin auto-upgrade. (must test with the next coming version)
    – moved directories public resources to wp-content
    – fixed some bugs in administrator’s interface (redirect, brocken links …)
    – the dashboard will show only for users with rolle >1

9. stephen, 15. January 2010, 16:34

Hi There I just thought I would post here as I sent you a couple of emails and have not recieved a response, I just thought it may have droped into a spam folder hence no reply

Regards
    Stephen

10. stephen, 13. January 2010, 18:19

Hi Thanks for that we seem to be getting closer, I now can see the tabs on the left 5 in total wpCareers settings,structure, posts and utilities.

All pages show but I have two errors when I click on the settings & options at the top of the page I get this error message”You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

And when I am on the settings page and click update I get the following errorFatal error: Call to a member function process_option_settings() on a non-object in /home/fhlinux128/j/jobs.international-welder.com/user/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpcareers/admin/jp_admin.php on line 29

Also I am guessing there should be some page for setting prices

Hi,
    Did you update on the jp_admin file?

in line 15 and 29 changed the value of $wpcarerr to $wpcareers
    Or You can download the plugin again and replace the jp_admin.php file, I hope it’is fixed now.

The permissions problem will be disappear if the plugin successfully installed.

Pages: « 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 [1] Show All